If it is springtime…it must be time for elections at Falcon Speech and Debate. So, if you want to be a team officer:
- Please examine the schedule listed below to be sure that you meet all deadlines and also that you are not doing things like campaigning when you aren’t supposed to.
- Before you run, be sure to read the job description to be sure you are eligible, able, and truly interested in the job, not just the title. Job descriptions can be found in the Team Constitution in Article VI, Sections 1-7. You should also read Section 8 which pertains to all offices.
- Be sure to read the election rules which are also in the Team Constitution in Article VII, Sections 1-9.
All the best to those of you who choose to run for office, but it is important to understand that win or lose, you are still a member of the team. So please remeber to honor your team membership and your teammates in this process.
- Officer applications are due to Ms. McGraw by Wednesday, April 4th by 12:30 pm
- Candidates will be announced on Friday, April 6th at the General Team Meeting.
- Campaigning is allowed only from Friday, April 6th after the slate of candidates is officially released through Fiday, April 13th till the election meeting.
- On Friday, April 13th, all candidates will be allowed to deliver a speech to the general membership prior to the vote.
2018-19 Officer Candidates: (Officer Slate Pending)
- Jade Harris
- Jonathan Boulanger
- Darren Roberts
- Eduardo Landaeta
- Mariana Muchado
- Catalina Jaramillo
- Thomas Escuerdo
- Michael Gold
- Manuel DeLeon
- Chelsea Hernandez
- Angelina Maisonet
- April 4, 2018 – Completed applications due to Ms. McGraw for consideration.
- April 6, 2018 – Slate of candidates for office will be announced.
- April 6th, 2018 – Display and resume due to Ms. McGraw for approval.
- April 9-13, 2018 – Campaigning period.
- April 13, 2018 – Candidate Speeches and Officer Election.
- April 17, 2018 – Joint Executive Board Meeting (Old and New Officers).
- May 4, 2018 – Officer Induction at Spring Induction and Awards Ceremony.
- May 8, 2018 – New Officers Executive Board Meeting.
- May 11, 2018 – General Meeting with New Executive Board.